Being a landlord can be quite tricky, that’s why we offer a professional Property Rental and Management Service where we protect you! As the owner of a property, your goal would be to accumulate wealth and for the property to eventually pay for itself, without taking up all of your valuable time. If you are not 100% informed and fully compliant with the laws and regulations that govern this industry #asketchells. We’ve got you covered!
If you as a landlord are planning to manage your own investment property, it would be in your interest to consider the following questions:
- Do you know your obligations and your tenant’s rights according to the new Consumer Protection Act?
- Are you operating within the regulations of the Rental Housing Act?
- Do you provide your tenant with monthly statements and invoices?
- Do you keep your tenant’s deposit in a separate interest bearing account?
- Do you have the time to monitor and manage the repairs and maintenance of your property?
- Do you know how to respond if you are called to appear before the Rental Housing Tribunal?
Provided you have sourced and placed a quality tenant who pays the rent on time, treats your property with respect, and that you fully understand your obligations as well as the tenant’s rights, this goal is achievable.
If you are not protected from potentially unscrupulous claims from disgruntled tenants, contractors and other bodies, you could be in for a lot more than you bargained for.
Sometimes it is better (and less expensive) to hire a fully compliant professional who has the expertise and experience to manage your investment property and act in your best interest, especially in a complex industry, with many potential pitfalls.
Imagine the comfort of having someone else deal with the worry and stress of managing your own property. Make life good and reap the benefits with #EtchellsandYoung